SACRAMENTO, Calif. — California Gov. Gavin Newsom has ordered bars that have opened in seven counties to immediately close.
Newsom is urging bars in eight other counties to do the same, saying the coronavirus is rapidly spreading in some parts of the state.
The counties under the mandatory bar closure order include Los Angeles, Fresno, San Joaquin, Kings, Kern, Imperial and Tulare counties.
State officials asked eight other counties to issue local health orders closing bars include Contra Costa, Santa Clara, Sacramento, Riverside, San Bernardino, Ventura, Santa Barbara and Stanislaus.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Google down: Outage map shows multiple products affected
- Stimulus check update: Democrats prepare $2.4T virus relief measure
- Video captures officer rolling bicycle over Seattle protester’s head during Breonna Taylor demonstrations
- Pac-12 football season to kick off in November
- Pumpkin Spice mac-and-cheese? Kraft is bringing it to the US