SACRAMENTO, Calif. — California Gov. Gavin Newsom has ordered bars that have opened in seven counties to immediately close.
Newsom is urging bars in eight other counties to do the same, saying the coronavirus is rapidly spreading in some parts of the state.
The counties under the mandatory bar closure order include Los Angeles, Fresno, San Joaquin, Kings, Kern, Imperial and Tulare counties.
State officials asked eight other counties to issue local health orders closing bars include Contra Costa, Santa Clara, Sacramento, Riverside, San Bernardino, Ventura, Santa Barbara and Stanislaus.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- North Port woman charged with DUI manslaughter in death of pregnant mother of two
- Pinellas brothers accused of scheming elderly victims
- Tampa Police chief said he wrestled with Black officer’s firing over use of racial slur
- Senate Republicans delay vote on COVID-19 relief bill
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Gorgeous Friday, rain chances rise into the weekend