(CNN) – One of America’s largest tuna brands has filed for bankruptcy.
Bumble Bee Foods announced Thursday that it is selling its assets to a Taiwan-based company for $925 million.
The sale could be finalized within 60 to 90 days.
The bankruptcy announcement comes more than two years after Bumble Bee Foods pleaded guilty in a tuna price-fixing scheme.
Bumble Bee Foods has been around for 120 years.
It sells tuna, salmon, sardines and other seafood items under several brands including Bumble Bee, Brunswick, Snow’s, Wild Selections and Beach Cliff.
- Tampa pastor who led packed services during safer-at-home order is shutting down the church
- FDA hasn’t authorized a two-minute test for coronavirus
- Coast Guard: Cruise ships must stay at sea with sick onboard
- Engineer intentionally derailed train in attempted attack on hospital ship USNS Mercy, federal prosecutors say
- Residents concerned about COVID-19 patient living at St. Petersburg 55 and up community