BALTIMORE (AP) — Baltimore police say a 4-year-old boy suffered severe, untreated burns before he was found dead in a trash bin.
News outlets report charging documents released Monday detail the gruesome end to the life of Malachi Lawson, whose disappearance prompted an intense search .
The documents say his mother, Alicia Lawson, and her wife, Shatika Lawson, told police Malachai was scalded by bath water so hot that his skin was floating around him. Police said they feared getting punished, so they tried to treat the burns themselves. They said Alicia Lawson found her son unresponsive nine days later, wrapped him in a blanket and caught a Lyft to the trash bin.
Both women face charges including involuntary manslaughter, child abuse and false statements. Shatika Lawson’s lawyer said she had no malicious intent.
- K9 dies after falling down elevator shaft during search for burglary suspects
- Cosmetic Medical Spa in Tampa Bay Area
- Millions stick to Thanksgiving travel plans despite warnings
- Clemson’s Swinney: COVID-19 FSU ‘excuse to cancel game’
- Snowcat Ridge limits park hours after misestimation on ‘amount of snow production’ required