(CNN) – A 6-year-old boy stuck in a Boston hospital waiting for a heart transplant, has a simple Christmas wish.
“It’s me Carlos, I was thinking of some Christmas cards, maybe you can send me some,” said Carlos Rolon.
The 6-year-old is making the best of his experience as he goes into day 95 at Boston Children’s Hospital.
“He was born with a condition called unbalanced A.V. (atrioventricular) Canal Defect,” said Rolon’s mother, Sheena Cossette.
Rolon had four open-heart surgeries before the age of 2.
“We’ve been waiting over three and a half years,” said Cossette. “On Aug. 31, he got really sick and we ended up here, and now we have to be here until he receives one. Nobody wants to lose a child.”
Cossette hopes more people consider being organ donors.
“It’s the greatest gift you’ll ever give anyone is the gift of life,” she said.
Taking the deck of cards they’ve been dealt, the Worcester, Massachusetts, mom is ready to deck the halls and hospital room with Christmas cards.
“And Santa’s coming to the hospital, right?” she said to Rolon. “So we got to decorate this room like a winter wonderland.”
If you’d like to send Carlos a card, you can mail it to the address below:
Care of Sheena Cossette
PO Box 34-97
Worchester, Massachusetts 01613
- ‘We just need some leads’ Family pleads for help on 11th day of elderly woman’s disappearance
- Man immediately arrested after lighting blunt in court
- Jimmy Garoppolo says Tom Brady sent him ‘good luck’ text ahead of Super Bowl LIV
- Goat and police K-9 compete for honorary mayor of Vermont town
- Tampa Bay health officials remind public of importance of vaccinations amid measles case