(NBC)—A 9-year-old boy who disappeared Thursday while checking the mail at his Arkansas home was later found dead from an apparent dog attack, authorities said.
The boy’s body was found in a field near the family’s home in the small town of Mount Vernon, north of Little Rock, the Faulkner County Sheriff’s Office said in a statement.
The boy’s mother went to look for him when he didn’t return after a few minutes on Thursday morning, the statement said. She called 911, and responding investigators found his body.
The statement said the mother had seen several dogs running from the field.
Read the full story on NBCNews.com.
- Georgia man arrested for murder of his parents
- NYC teacher arrested after flying to Tampa to have sex with minor, deputies say
- Ted Cruz vs. Seth Rogen: Republican Texas senator and actor take shots over Twitter
- Video shows police car plow through crowd of pedestrians at street race
- Activists want Biden to defund ICE, overhaul migrant detention policies