“This is a substantial amount of narcotics that will not make it into our communities,” said Port Director Carlos Rodriguez of the Hidalgo/Pharr/Anzalduas Port of Entry.
The packages containing 3,159 pounds of marijuana is valued at $632,000.
Authorities seized the shipment, the tractor-trailer, and the marijuana.
Homeland Security is continuing the investigation.
- WATCH: Health, diversity experts tackle racism on ‘Coronavirus House Calls’
- Cop fired for saying ‘unfortunate’ more black people didn’t die of coronavirus
- Violence again rocks Minneapolis after man’s death; 1 killed
- Trump threatens social media after Twitter fact-checks him
- SpaceX set to blast into new era of human spaceflight