EL PASO, Texas (AP) — No baloney: U.S. border agents seized more than 150 pounds of bologna from a driver entering the country from Mexico.
The U.S. Customs and Border Protection says in a news release that the driver told agents Thursday at the El Paso crossing that he had rolls of frozen turkey ham in his pickup truck. Upon further inspection, though, the agents determined that it was 154 pounds of Mexican bologna, which is made of pork.
The agency says the driver was released but the bologna was seized and destroyed. It says bologna can’t be carried across the border because it could introduce foreign animal diseases to the domestic pork industry.
- Tracking the Tropics: Tropical Depression 29 forms over central Caribbean Sea
- Here is how the new ‘predictive selling’ drive-thru will work at Burger King and Popeyes
- USL Championship Final canceled, Rowdies season comes to end
- New York man recycles unusable materials to create Halloween décor
- Newborns celebrate 1st Halloween at Philadelphia children’s hospital