GRAND CANYON NATIONAL PARK, Ariz. (AP) — Officials have recovered the body of a 59-year-old woman in the Grand Canyon.
The Grand Canyon Regional Communications Center said Saturday the body of Maria A. Salgado Lopez, of Scottsdale, Arizona, was found Friday after she fell from the rim west of Mather Point.
Officials say Salgado Lopez had been hiking off-trail and taking photographs with family when she accidentally stepped off the edge.
An investigation into the incident is being conducted by the National Park Service and the Coconino County Medical Examiner’s Office.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Inmate cries out ‘I Can’t Breathe’ 29 times before death
- Gov. DeWine tests negative for coronavirus after earlier positive test
- Stimulus check update: Trump, McConnell huddle as COVID-19 aid talks at risk of collapse
- President Trump signs executive order to ban TikTok in 45 days
- Lawmakers try to find ways to slow spread of COVID-19 amid spike in cases