(NBC) — Apple admits to slowing down older iPhones to prevent them from unexpectedly shutting down, amid questions about reduced performance.
It says as iPhone batteries age, or in certain conditions such as cold weather, they can struggle with demands for more power.
Apple says to prevent them from shutting down, it tweaked its iOS to slow certain tasks that require more power.MORE TOP STORIES:
- Florida man gets 3 life sentences plus 495 years for toddler rape
- Homeless man freezes to death after being turned away from housing center
- Tax Bill: What it means for you
- Model faces second leg amputation due to toxic shock syndrome
- Tampa attorney busted with pants down during sex act with Pinellas inmate, sheriff says
- Woman, 26, gives birth to baby who spent 24 years as frozen embryo