BRISTOL, Tenn. (WJHL) — An anonymous person donated nearly $65,000 to pay off all layaway items at the Walmart in Bristol, Tennessee.
Walmart says the $64,995.51 donation that was made on Monday was enough to cover the store’s entire layaway balance.
“It’s especially touching when customers pay off others’ layaways during the holiday season and serves as another example of the generosity our customers show year-round,” Store Manager Kris Light said in a statement. “We’re honored to play a small role in these acts of kindness and we love seeing the joy it brings to our customers this time of year.”
According to the company, the anonymous donor wanted to positively affect as many people as possible.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- LIVE: Trump lands in Florida ahead of Biden inauguration
- Full list: All the pardons and commutations issued by President Trump in 2021
- Texas man threatened to shoot his children if they turned him in over Capitol riots, documents say
- Trump follows tradition, leaves note for successor Joe Biden
- Inaugural day palindrome kicks off a 10-day stretch