(CNN) – The latest American Girl doll is a surfer girl—and the first American Girl doll ever with a disability.
Joss Kendrick, a 10-year-old surfer and competitive cheerleader from California, is the 2020 American Girl “doll of the year.”
The president of American Girl told USA Today that Joss has congenital hearing loss. She was born deaf in her left ear and can hear a little out of her right.
The company has already offered dolls that can be fitted with wheelchairs and crutches, but this is the first to have a disability as part of her story.
- No Winter Allowed: Football fans soaking up South Beach sun ahead of Super Bowl
- Reddick Elementary School Pledge of Allegiance
- Garoppolo takes lessons from Brady into 1st Super Bowl start
- Extra security at Fivay High School after teacher brings gun on campus
- Family searching for mystery man who gifted 11-year-old with Mahomes jersey at Arrowhead