(CNN) – The largest movie theater owner in the world is getting ready to re-open its doors.
AMC theaters say movie fans will be able to see films on the big screen starting next month.
The chain’s locations have been shut down since March 17 due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Movie theaters are among the businesses hit hard by COVID-19.
Last week AMC released a statement saying they had “substantial doubts about being able to stay afloat.”
The company had a net loss of more than $2 billion during the first quarter.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Cooler, drier and fall-like weather finally arrives
- Clemson QB Trevor Lawrence tests positive for COVID-19
- Pope ends public audiences, limits numbers at Christmas as virus surges
- Trump meets with rap star Lil Wayne in Florida
- Men do good in the community in ‘Mr. Central Florida’ competition