LOS ANGELES (KTLA) – Autopsies have determined all nine victims of the helicopter crash in the hills above Calabasas that claimed the lives of Kobe Bryant, his 13-year-old daughter and seven others died due to the impact, according to coroner’s officials.
All nine victims succumbed to “blunt trauma,” Los Angeles County Department of Medical Examiner records show. The deaths were additionally ruled to be accidental.
Bryant, his daughter Gianna; John Altobelli, 56, his wife Keri Altobelli, 46, their daughter Alyssa Altobelli, 14; Christina Mauser, 38; Sarah Chester, 45, her daughter Payton Chester, 13; and pilot Ara Zobayan, 50, died when the helicopter they were riding in slammed into a hillside on Sunday morning.
The wreckage of the Sikorsky burned for about an hour as magnesium aircraft parts ignited in intense and stubborn flames.
- Biden seeks GOP input, hopes to reach bipartisan agreement on infrastructure package
- Medical examiner: Capitol officer died of natural causes
- ‘He always shows up for us so we show up for him’: Mike Evans attends Arians Family Foundation event
- Firefighter dies working his first shift on duty
- Red tide: Tampa Bay lawmakers want to keep studying blooms even during government shutdowns