ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – Volkswagen bids farewell to its iconic beetle after seven decades.
A new 90-second commercial titled “The Last Mile,” features animated cameos from people who helped make the compact car into a cultural icon. The video shows an animated Andy Warhol who created pieces that featured the Beetle and Kevin Bacon, whose “Footloose” character drove a yellow Beetle.
The animated film was scored with a cover of the Beatles hit “Let it Be.” The ad then ends with the car taking flight as a bug with the words,” Where one road ends, another begins.”
The last beetle rolled off the assembly line in July. The company says they are discontinuing the famous car to build new electric vehicles.
- Police find 192 rolls of toilet paper stashed in stolen SUV in Beverly Hills
- Worldwide coronavirus cases top 1 million doubling in just over a week
- 1,000 additional COVID-19 tests available at Raymond James Stadium
- Florida coronavirus: Gov. DeSantis signs executive order superseding local COVID-19 orders
- Coronavirus in US: More than 8,000 Americans have recovered from COVID-19