ROCHESTER, N.Y. (WFLA/CNN) — A man was hospitalized after getting beat up by an 82-year-old woman after he allegedly tried to break into her New York home.
The Rochester community is captivated by Willie Murphy’s story of taking down the would-be burglar.
The story begins with Murphy saying someone knocked on her door asking for assistance.
“[The man] was outside saying, ‘please call an ambulance because I’m sick, I’m sick,'” Murphy said.
Murphy said she called police, but didn’t let the man inside.
“I hear a loud noise, and I’m saying to myself, ‘What the heck was that? The young man is in my home. Broke the door.”
She tried not to panic, after all, she’s an award-winning weight lifter, who just won a competition earlier this year.
“I’m alone and I’m old, but guess what? I’m tough,” she said.
Murphy said she grabbed a nearby table and, “went to work on him.”
She said the man fell to the floor, which is when she started jumping on him.
When officers arrived minutes later, it wasn’t Murphy who needed medical attention. The suspect, who police say was intoxicated, was taken to the hospital.
Murphy said she will not press charges.
- Democrats cancel Texas event after Trump supporters surround, follow Biden bus
- Obama to visit Florida day before Election Day for Joe Biden
- $1,200 direct payments: Americans blame both parties for stimulus check stalemate
- US citizen kidnapped in Niger rescued in American military operation
- Last day to vote early in these Tampa Bay area counties