MASSILLON, Ohio (AP) – Police in Ohio say a 7th-grader apparently brought a gun to school and shot himself inside a bathroom.
Investigators say no other students have been hurt and they don’t know yet whether the shooting Tuesday morning was intentional.
A school official says the student is being treated at a hospital. His condition wasn’t immediately known.
Parents rushed to Jackson Middle School, near Massillon, to pick up their children after the school sent out a notice about the shooting.
Authorities and school officials say they don’t whether the student was alone at the time of the shooting and haven’t released any other details about what happened.
Massillon is located about 50 miles south of Cleveland.STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- MS-13 gang member with AK-47 arrested in Wimauma
- FBI joins in search for missing 5-year-old boy
- 4 people ejected from SUV in crash on I-4 in Polk Co., 2-month-old baby injured
- Family who took in Nikolas Cruz after parents died: We had monster living under our roof
- 12-year-old missing sister of slain girl, 13, found safe