CHICAGO (AP) – Chicago police say four separate shootings on Chicago’s West and South sides wounded at least seven children, including three cases that appear accidental.
Three of the minors were wounded in a shooting at an apartment complex Friday night on the city’s South Side.
Police said the shooting started during a “gathering” inside an apartment unit and spilled into the hall, according to a release issued early Saturday.
Three adults also were wounded. No arrests have been announced.
Police said three other unrelated incidents that left children with gunshot wounds starting Friday evening all appear to be accidental.
- LIVE: US House to begin voting on $2.2 trillion coronavirus stimulus bill; no bipartisan deal reached yet
- Amazon reveals over 19,000 workers got COVID-19
- Steven Stamkos expected to be ready for next season, Lightning GM says
- ‘You guys gave us something to celebrate’: Lightning’s Stamkos, Kucherov, Hedman on Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
- Mark Wahlberg donates 1.3M face masks to schools across the country including in Lakeland