(CNN) – More than 600 people have now become sick from a parasite linked to bagged salad mixes, according to the Food and Drug Administration.
The tainted bagged salad products are produced by Fresh Express Productions and have since been recalled.
The FDA says there are cyclospora cases from the salad in 11 states and 37 people have been hospitalized.
Cyclospora is a parasite that can cause some pretty awful symptoms such as diarrhea, loss or appetite, stomach cramps, nausea, and fatigue.
No deaths have been reported.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Man buys car for stranger after learning of ‘distraught’ mother’s plight
- Photos: Halloween costumes from across Tampa Bay
- Americans get wickedly creative for pandemic trick-or-treating
- Tracking the Tropics: Tropical Depression 29 forms over central Caribbean Sea
- Here is how the new ‘predictive selling’ drive-thru will work at Burger King and Popeyes