CHICAGO — A 5-year-old girl was fatally stabbed in the city’s East Garfield Park neighborhood, according to police.
Police said they responded to reports of a person stabbed on the 3200 block of West Fulton Boulevard around 9 a.m. Saturday. When they arrived, officers saw the child with stab wounds on her body. She was being treated by fire department officials.
Police said officers were then approached by a woman who was taken into custody.
The child was taken to Stroger Hospital where she was pronounced dead.
No further information was provided.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Manatee Co. deputies searching for runaway, endangered 13-year-old girl
- Family holds vigil for 12-year-old killed in motorcycle collision
- Dak Prescott signed a football for a sick Texas teen, now she’s returning the ‘faith’
- Super-fan twin sisters cheer on the Rays at St. Pete Pier World Series watch parties
- Naples man finds giant jellyfish while running on beach