PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — A 3-year-old boy in Oregon has died after shooting himself in the head.
Family members confirmed with our affiliate station KOIN that the toddler was named James Kenneth Linquester.
Washington County Sheriff’s Office deputies were called to the 7100 block of SW Millennium Terrace in Aloha, Oregon, just before 10 p.m. Friday. The child’s family members reported the boy had gotten a handgun out of a bedroom end table drawer.
The boy’s father, the father’s girlfriend, and another child were home at the time, according to WCSO. Deputies said the boy was alone in a room when the gun went off.
First responders tried reviving the boy before rushing him to an area hospital. He was pronounced dead just before midnight, WCSO confirmed.
Detectives from the Violent Crimes Unit and the Special Investigations Unit responded to the scene and the investigation is on-going. An autopsy will be conducted at the Oregon State Medical Examiner’s Office.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Second stimulus checks: How negotiations went from optimistic to ugly
- Driver suspected of dragging, killing California bicyclist in 2017 is captured in Australia
- Texas early voting exceeds total of all 2016 ballots
- Tiger at Tennessee zoo tests positive for coronavirus
- Florida early voting site closed after workers get coronavirus