(CNN) – Two Charlotte, North Carolina, sisters are on a mission to feed more than 100 families this Thanksgiving.
That’s quite an impressive feat when you consider Alex and Caroline Fischer are only 6 and 9 years old.
The girls sold lemonade and baked goods to raise money for turkey and all the trimmings. They also set up a GoFundMe page to help pay for the Thanksgiving feasts.
This year they made enough to buy 108 turkeys and the accompanying ingredients.
Neighbors helped them pack boxes of food, rent a truck and deliver it all by Nov. 23.
They plan to continue the family tradition next year because they have a lot to be thankful for.
- Kershaw, Dodgers take Game 1 over Rays
- Police investigating after 3 people shot in Tampa, 1 dead
- Tempers flare over mask mandate, parents say they don’t want kids ‘forced’ to cover-up in class
- Florida considers not releasing daily COVID-19 case numbers to the public
- All Americans get a free taco after stolen base in Game 1 of World Series