(CNN) – Two Charlotte, North Carolina, sisters are on a mission to feed more than 100 families this Thanksgiving.
That’s quite an impressive feat when you consider Alex and Caroline Fischer are only 6 and 9 years old.
The girls sold lemonade and baked goods to raise money for turkey and all the trimmings. They also set up a GoFundMe page to help pay for the Thanksgiving feasts.
This year they made enough to buy 108 turkeys and the accompanying ingredients.
Neighbors helped them pack boxes of food, rent a truck and deliver it all by Nov. 23.
They plan to continue the family tradition next year because they have a lot to be thankful for.
- ‘Felt like I was able to breathe’: Relief in Tampa for many after guilty verdict in Chauvin trial
- Florida transgender athlete bill may be dead for the year, bill sponsor says
- St. Petersburg residents react to Chauvin verdict
- 2021 Publix Gasparilla Distance Classic Race Weekend
- Las Vegas Raiders receive backlash for ‘I can breathe’ tweet following Chauvin verdict