(CNN) – Two Charlotte, North Carolina, sisters are on a mission to feed more than 100 families this Thanksgiving.
That’s quite an impressive feat when you consider Alex and Caroline Fischer are only 6 and 9 years old.
The girls sold lemonade and baked goods to raise money for turkey and all the trimmings. They also set up a GoFundMe page to help pay for the Thanksgiving feasts.
This year they made enough to buy 108 turkeys and the accompanying ingredients.
Neighbors helped them pack boxes of food, rent a truck and deliver it all by Nov. 23.
They plan to continue the family tradition next year because they have a lot to be thankful for.
- New federal rules to help states combat coronavirus patient surge
- How coronavirus can impact your credit score
- Nurses union protests shortage of protective gear at HCA hospitals
- Stopping the spread: Hillsborough Co. to open 2 hotels to help those impacted by coronavirus
- Coronavirus: U.S. death toll tops 5,000