NEW YORK (WFLA) — The girl snatched from a New York City sidewalk in front of her mother Monday night has been found safe, the New York City Police Department said.
Details about where Sanchez was found and how she escaped have not been released by police.
Two men snatched 16-year-old Karol Sanchez off a New York City sidewalk Monday night in an apparent kidnapping captured on security cameras, authorities said. She was quickly the subject of an Amber Alert.
Sanchez was with her 36-year-old mom walking on a sidewalk in the Bronx about a mile east of Yankee Stadium at 11:20 p.m. when a beige-colored four-door sedan pulled up.
“Two unknown males exited the vehicle, grabbed the 16-year-old female, and dragged her inside the vehicle while pushing the victim’s mother to the ground,” according to an NYPD statement.
“The vehicle, also occupied by two additional unknown males, then fled east bound,” the police statement said. “The mother, left at the scene, was not injured and refused medical attention.”
- Florida unemployment failures ‘unrelated to our work,’ claims vendor behind state’s online benefits system
- Papa John’s former CEO says he’s been ‘working to get rid of the N-word’ in his vocabulary
- Tampa dad charged with kidnapping for bringing son to Lebanon enters plea deal
- Detroit Lions GM, former Chamberlain football player connects with current team members on Zoom
- Tampa Bay activists and legal experts weigh in on the start of the Derek Chauvin trial