ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) – The Orange County Sheriff’s Office says an 11-year-old called for help after two people were shot dead in an apparent murder-suicide in Florida.
According to Orange County Capt. Angelo Nieves, the incident happened Sunday morning in the eastern part of the county.
Nieves said the oldest child in the home was 11 and dialed for help. There were multiple children in the home and none were injured.
He added that that he wasn’t sure how many children were inside when the tragedy happened. It was unclear what sparked the shooting.
The children were placed in the care of a relative and deputies are investigating.
On Monday, the sheriff’s office released the names of those who were killed. Gadys Rosario and Pedro Rosado, both 39, died. The Orlando Sentinel reported that Rosado was identified as the suspect and suicide victim and Rosario was identified as a homicide victim. Both lived at the home.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Suspects killed in shooting with TPD officer identified
- Pushy parents at Easter egg hunt create ‘a mess’
- Baby found alive in trash in Washington state
- Roaches close 2 Tampa Bay area restaurants
- Married Vanderbilt grads both died in Brussels terror attack
- Woman accused of having sex with a Dachshund
- Baby girl with ‘perfect hair’ becomes internet star
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines