TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Garrett Leopold was born in 1996 with hypoplastic left heart syndrome. The left side of his heart was underdeveloped.
At just three-months-old, Leopold needed his first heart transplant.
Amanda Pierce was born a healthy little girl who lived a blessed life until 2013, her senior year in high school.
A car accident changed everything.
Pierce was left brain dead at 18-years-old and 16-year-old Garrett was in dire need of a second heart transplant.
Pierce would be the one to give him a second chance at life.
Stacie Schaible has much more on this story in the video above.STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Meet Tajiri! Zoo announces name of April the giraffe’s baby
- 8 On Your Side: Do chip credit cards really prevent fraud?
- More students using stimulant drugs for studies, Tampa group looks to combat problem on campus
- Officials: Odessa brush fire 90 percent contained, park set to reopen
- Jury recommends death penalty for Tampa man convicted in 2 cold case homicides
- Historic cruise from Tampa to Cuba sets sail Sunday
- VIDEO: Guy in gorilla costume finishes London Marathon after 6 days