(NBC) – A North Carolina mother is accused of trading her child for a car.
Alice Leann Todd, 45, was charged with the unlawful sale, surrender, or purchase of a minor after investigators found she gave up her 1-year-old to a couple in exchange for their 1992 Plymouth Laser in 2018, Capt. Brad Saintsing with the Thomasville Police Department said Thursday.
Tina Marie Chavis, 47, and Vicenio Mendoza Romero, 53, who were caring for the child face the same charges.
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: A cool and breezy day
- St. Petersburg museum on mission to improve Holocaust education statewide
- Couple accused of having sex on Myrtle Beach Ferris wheel and in community pool to make porn videos arrested again
- Three victims in fiery Hudson crash remembered
- Dog rescued after being spotted running in northbound lanes of I-275