Hill’s Pet Nutrition is recalling more of its canned dog food due to elevated levels of vitamin D.
It’s an expansion of an initial recall in January, caused by the same vitamin premix received from a U.S. supplier.
The following products have been added to the initial recall:
- Hill’s Prescription Diet k/d Kidney Care with Lamb canned dog food, 13 oz., 12-pack, SKU 2697, Date Code/Lot Code 102020T25
- Hill’s Science Diet Adult Perfect Weight Chicken & Vegetable Entree dog food 12×12.8 oz. cans, SKU 2975, Date Code/Lot Code 092020T28
- Hill’s Prescription Diet c/d Multicare Urinary Care Chicken & Vegetable Stew canned dog food, 5.5 oz., 24-pack, SKU 3388, Date Code/Lot Code 102020T18
- Hill’s Prescription Diet i/d Low Fat Canine Rice, Vegetable & Chicken Stew, 24×5.5 oz. cans, SKU 3391 Date Code/Lot Code 092020T27
- Hill’s Prescription Diet r/d Canine 12×12.3 oz. cans, SKU 7014, Date Codes/Lot Codes 092020T28, 102020T27, 102020T28
- Hill’s Science Diet Adult Beef & Barley Entree canned dog food, 13 oz., 12-pack, SKU 7039, Date Codes/Lot Codes 092020T31, 102020T21
- Hill’s Science Diet Adult 7+ Healthy Cuisine Roasted Chicken, Carrots & Spinach Stew dog food, 12×12.5 oz. cans, SKU 10449, Date Code/Lot Code 092020T28
- Hill’s Science Diet Healthy Cuisine Adult Braised Beef, Carrots & Peas Stew canned dog food, 12.5 oz., 12-pack, SKU 10451, Date Code/Lot Code 102020T28
The products were sold nationwide.
Elevated levels of vitamin D in dogs can lead to vomiting, loss of appetite, increased thirst, increased urination, excessive drooling and weight loss.
In some cases, it can lead to potentially life-threatening health issues in dogs, including renal dysfunction.
For more information, call Hill’s Pet Nutrition at 1-800-445-5777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.