MIAMI (WFLA) — The Miami Marlins’ home opener and a Yankees-Phillies match-up have been postponed Monday after 11 players and two coaches on the Marlins tested positive for COVID-19, according to ESPN.
According to ESPN’s MLB reporter Jeff Passan, 11 of the 33 players traveling with the Marlins have tested positive for coronavirus. The team just finished a series with the Philadelphia Phillies, which caused their game vs. the Yankees Monday night to also be postponed.
The Marlins were scheduled to host the Orioles in their home opener in Miami. Their series has been postponed until further notice.
The two games are the only ones canceled so far following the outbreak.
- Florida wildlife refuge to take 30 former circus elephants
- How can I tell the difference between the flu and COVID-19?
- Town of Swastika, NY chooses to keep its name
- City of Tampa to expand Riverwalk, revitalize West Tampa area
- UCF researchers hope to share COVID-19 study results with health officials