MIAMI (WFLA) — The Miami Marlins’ home opener and a Yankees-Phillies match-up have been postponed Monday after 11 players and two coaches on the Marlins tested positive for COVID-19, according to ESPN.
According to ESPN’s MLB reporter Jeff Passan, 11 of the 33 players traveling with the Marlins have tested positive for coronavirus. The team just finished a series with the Philadelphia Phillies, which caused their game vs. the Yankees Monday night to also be postponed.
The Marlins were scheduled to host the Orioles in their home opener in Miami. Their series has been postponed until further notice.
The two games are the only ones canceled so far following the outbreak.
- Trump hints at legal action in response to Mar-a-Lago search
- Florida private Christian school asks LGBTQ students to leave
- FIN DE SEMANA: Caluroso con algunas posibles tormentas
- Do you know them? Polk detectives ask for help identifying men possibly involved in fuel theft
- “Great Gatsby” 1928 Rolls-Royce heading to auction