MANATEE COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – The Manatee County Sheriff’s Office is mourning the loss of one of their own.
Corrections Deputy Shaun Feverston was killed in a traffic crash Thursday morning.
The incident happened at Bud Rhoden Road and Moccasin Wallow Road (County Road 6) in Palmetto at 7:10 a.m.
According to the Florida Highway Patrol, a Ford F250 towing a utility trailer was traveling westbound on County Road 6, approaching Bud Rhoden Road. Deputy Feverston was approaching the intersection from the opposite direction when the Ford turned left into his path and hit the deputy head-on.
Deputy Feverston’s 2014 Jeep Wrangler flipped on its side and came to a final rest at the intersection. The deputy was pronounced dead at the scene. Troopers said he was not wearing a seatbelt.
The other driver, George C. Grigsby, 59, sustained minor injuries and was transported to Manatee Memorial Hospital. He was charged with violation of right of way turned left in front of traffic.
No further details are available at this time.STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Two Pinellas 7-Eleven stores robbed within minutes of each other
- Sarasota PD seeks help finding woman who texted about medical emergency
- NCAA coaches among 10 arrested by FBI in fraud and corruption probe
- Citgo accused of selling crack, meth pipes in Trilby
- Tampa Bay area McDonald’s to thank first responders with free meals on Sept. 27
- Body found near intersection in Tampa may be identified by tattoos
- Baby left on side of Oklahoma freeway in car seat with cash