PLANT CITY, FL (WFLA) – A man was killed Friday night at a Mobil gas station at 2010 N. Wheeler Street according to Plant City Police.
Officers reported they received a 911 call at the gas station. When officers arrived they found a man with upper body trauma at the gas station at about 8:20 p.m. PCPD Sgt. Alfred Van Duyne said the man was alive when officers arrived but died on scene shortly thereafter.
Officials have not released the cause of death but are conducting a homicide investigation.
Authorities have not released any information about a suspect or suspects but say they do have leads to work with.
The man’s body was observed by News Channel 8 to be lying near the gas pumps. A gas pump nozzle remained in a car near the victim’s body.
Stay with WFLA.com for the latest on this developing story.OTHER TOP CLICKED STORIES PEOPLE ARE CLICKING ON:
- Ex-teacher accused of sex with students says one boy’s grades improved
- Woman accused of offering sex for $3 to covert cop
- Man killed at Plant City gas station
- Naked man arrested for making threats while watering his lawn
- Boy with octopus in throat out of hospital, police mull whether charges merited
- Castaways rescued after spelling “HELP” with palm leaves
- CA woman’s body found stuffed in suitcase, police arrest suspect
- Offensive note left on car of Marine’s dad
- Man wakes up with all his teeth gone after scheduled wisdom teeth removal
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines