CLEARWATER BEACH, FL (WFLA) — Police are conducting a death investigation after a stabbing that happened overnight at a Clearwater Beach bar.
According to Clearwater Police, the incident occurred after an altercation that started between at least two men at the The Shipwreck bar, located at 647 Mandalay Avenue. The stabbing took place near Mandalay Avenue and Royal Way around 3 a.m.
Police say a 24-year-old man was stabbed. He was taken to Bayfront Health St. Petersburg where he later died.
The other person involved is a 25-year-old man, whom police are interviewing at this time.
Stay with WFLA.com for updates.OTHER TOP CLICKED STORIES:
- Bradenton couple accused of ‘whooping’ girl with belt 20 times
- Health Advisory: High bacteria levels found at 3 local beaches
- News Channel 8 talks with O. J. Simpson’s former manager
- Tarantulas, scorpions and pythons, oh my! Tampa reptile expert talks exotic pets
- Yikes! 4-foot ball python found outside Sarasota apartment
- At least 20 injured at pep rally fire incident