CITRUS COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – The Florida Highway Patrol says a 21-year-old man died Saturday afternoon in a crash on US-19 in Citrus County.
It happened near the intersection of US-19 and West Aber Court.
Troopers say William C. Waymire of Brooksville was driving southbound on the grass median when for unknown reasons, his Dodge Dart traveled into the northbound lanes and crossed into the path of a Ford F150, causing a collision.
Waymire’s vehicle was propelled backwards and rested in the grass median.
Troopers say Waymire died at the scene.
No further details have been released at this time.STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Terror attacks strike heart of London; 7 people killed
- Man accused of throwing object at flamingo at Busch Gardens
- Pit bull euthanized in Largo after attacking woman and small dog
- Great-grandmother blamed for not saving baby killed in Tampa fire speaks out
- Disney Parks see slight drop in attendance
- 1-year-old Ohio boy hospitalized after opioid overdose
- These hurricane supplies are tax-free this weekend in Florida