HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A Valrico man was arrested Thursday in connection with a deadly shooting at a house party in Lutz.
Brandon Jerelle Howard, 29, was arrested on felony charges of second-degree murder with a firearm and felon in possession of a firearm, according to the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office.
Around 3 a.m. Wednesday morning, deputies responded to reports of shots fired at a party in the 14000 block of North Street.
They later learned a man showed up to Advent Health with a gunshot wound. He was transported to Tampa General Hospital and pronounced deceased.
Deputies later identified Howard as the suspect. He was arrested around 3 a.m. Thursday and is being held at the Orient Road Jail without bond.
Detectives have yet to establish a motive in the shooting.
- Carnival Cruise Line extends cancellations through April
- Dave Chappelle cancels shows after testing positive for COVID-19
- Biden ordering stopgap relief as talks start on big stimulus plan
- All eyes on QBs as Packers host Bucs for NFC championship
- Boat captain pets great white shark off Pinellas coast