HOUSTON, TX (WCMH) – Two men are facing capital murder charges in the death of Phillip Frank Panzica, 27, who was killed in front of his fiancée as they left a Houston strip club this weekend.
Panzica’s death comes about a month and a half after he was caught having sex on a Las Vegas Ferris wheel.
Officers said Panzica’s fiance works at Vivid Gentlemen’s Club. When he came to pick her up around 4am Saturday, she got into the car with two other men, NBC affiliate KPRC-TV reports.
Sometime during the car ride, one of those men, identified as Bryant Christopher Watts, 28, pulled out a pistol and opened fire. Police say Panzica was struck several times, including once in the neck. The car eventually came to a stop in the intersection.
Police say Watts and the second man, identified as Aaron Jones, 31, then pushed Panzica out of the vehicle to the ground and left him on the pavement. The men then pointed the gun at the fiancée and told her to get out or she would get hurt as well, police told KPRC-TV.
They took off in the fiancée’s black 2016 Kia Sorento.
Police say a bus driver pulled up in the area and was flagged down by Panzica’s fiancée. She told the driver that Panzica had just been shot. He was later pronounced dead.
A sheriff deputy later spotted the stolen car. After a chase, Watts and Jones were arrested with large amounts of cash, KPRC-TV reports.Read more: http://bit.ly/1XHGrZoTHE STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Mall Easter bunny, father get into brawl
- Daring deer rescued from the Gulf of Mexico
- Woman hopes 130 lb weight-loss inspires others
- Deputies: 1 dead after road-rage incident leads to shooting
- Police: Toddler burned after mother put her in an oven
- Cheers, get paid to drink and travel internationally
- 43 pythons weighing more than a ton captured in Florida
- Deputies: Girl, 13, drives car into power pole
- Inspectors find roach droppings on shake machine at local restaurant
- >>Back to the homepage for the latest breaking news and top headlines