PINELLAS COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A man was arrested for reckless driving after he was reportedly caught going 145 mph on the Bayside Bridge in Pinellas County, according to an affidavit.
Deputies said a sheriff’s office helicopter clocked Luke Niemi, 23, of Minocqua, Wisconsin, traveling over the bridge at 145 mph on Thursday.
The speed limit on the bridge is 55 mph.
The report did not mention if or where Niemi was pulled over.
According to the report, Neimi explained his driving by telling investigators he “was having some fun.”
Deputies said Niemi has various unpaid citations in Wisconsin.
Niemi was arrested for reckless driving (speed over 50 mph) and booked into the Pinellas County Jail.
He was released Friday on a $250 bond.
- Clearwater horse-therapy program needs help getting back in saddle amid pandemic
- Job alert: Alligator hunter wanted for Pinellas County
- Pinellas County sheriff to announce changes to Mental Health Unit, response to calls for service
- Deputies trying to identify man accused of stealing cat blood from Florida animal hospital
- Costco brings back wine advent calendars for $99.99