DADE CITY, Fla. (WFLA) — The Pasco Sheriff’s office arrested a 47-year-old man they said failed to keep an eye on a 4-year-old autistic girl who wandered outside and into traffic Monday morning.
Peter Wilson was arrested Monday and charged with child neglect.
Deputies said the 4-year-old autistic girl Wilson was watching was able to leave the house unattended while under his watch. Deputies said the girl wandered into the busy street and was almost hit by traffic.
According to the sheriff’s office, a witness told deputies Wilson was aware the home’s door alarm had been disabled for three days, which would’ve alerted him if the child were to leave the house.
The Pasco Sheriff’s Office determined Wilson did not take enough precautionary measures to prevent the child from leaving the home.
- Tampa Bay misses out on first WrestleMania due to coronavirus
- US Coast Guard rescues 4 people from overturned boat near Sarasota
- Pro Football Hall of Famer Bobby Mitchell dies at 84
- Coronavirus response: Feeding Tampa Bay partners with celebrity chef for weekly Facebook series
- Search to continue for Kennedy Townsend’s daughter, grandson