DADE CITY, Fla. (WFLA) — The Pasco Sheriff’s office arrested a 47-year-old man they said failed to keep an eye on a 4-year-old autistic girl who wandered outside and into traffic Monday morning.
Peter Wilson was arrested Monday and charged with child neglect.
Deputies said the 4-year-old autistic girl Wilson was watching was able to leave the house unattended while under his watch. Deputies said the girl wandered into the busy street and was almost hit by traffic.
According to the sheriff’s office, a witness told deputies Wilson was aware the home’s door alarm had been disabled for three days, which would’ve alerted him if the child were to leave the house.
The Pasco Sheriff’s Office determined Wilson did not take enough precautionary measures to prevent the child from leaving the home.
- Florida Gov. DeSantis attempts to vote, discovers someone changed his address
- Newsfeed Now: President Trump heads to Arizona, Biden works virtually from Delaware
- Trump, Biden schedule Tampa rallies Thursday as campaigns hit crunch time
- Melania Trump slams Biden, Dems in first solo campaign stop
- 6-year-old boy’s ‘YouCanBeABCs’ rap video inspires kids to dream big