JERSEY CITY, N.J. – The Easter bunny has been involved in a mall brawl.
A mall Easter bunny and a father got into a scuffle Sunday after the man’s child slipped from a chair while getting her photo taken, Jersey City police said Monday.
A video posted on Twitter on Sunday evening shows a chaotic scene at the Newport Centre in Jersey City, New Jersey, near an area set up to take photos with the Easter bunny.WARNING: Video contains explicit language.
City spokeswoman Jennifer Morrill says the father of the 1-year-old verbally and physically attacked the 22-year-old who was playing the role of Easter bunny after the girl slipped.
Morrill says both men were taken to a hospital with minor injuries.
No charges have been filed as police continue investigating.
The video shows a man wearing the body suit of the bunny costume fighting and then being separated by security. A few seconds later, the man in the bunny costume appeared again, throws off his white bunny gloves and exchanged more punches.
The mall’s management said in an email to The Associated Press it would have a comment later Monday.THE STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Daring deer rescued from the Gulf of Mexico
- Deputies: 1 dead after road-rage incident leads to shooting
- Police: Toddler burned after mother put her in an oven
- Cheers, get paid to drink and travel internationally
- Three people, all 21 years old, killed in Sarasota crash
- 43 pythons weighing more than a ton captured in Florida
- Deputies: Girl, 13, drives car into power pole
- Inspectors find roach droppings on shake machine at local restaurant
- >>Back to the homepage for the latest breaking news and top headlines