NEW HOPE, Ala. (AP) – An Alabama mail carrier has been charged after authorities say she fed at least one dog meatballs that contained nails.
AL.com reports that 47-year-old Susanna Dawn Burhans was arrested Thursday and charged with aggravated cruelty to animals.
The U.S. Postal Service worker was arrested after a joint investigation by the Madison County Sheriff’s Office and the Postal Service determined she fed the nail-laced meatballs to at least one dog in New Hope.
Sheriff’s Capt. Mike Salomonsky says the investigation began with a complaint nearly two weeks ago, but at least one other resident has filed a complaint.
Further details haven’t been released. It’s unclear if Burhans has an attorney.
She was released from the Madison County Jail after posting $2,500 bail Thursday.STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Man arrested, charged with first degree murder in death of St. Pete cab driver
- These hurricane supplies are tax free this weekend in Florida
- 6 accused in Tampa Bay area credit card skimming scheme
- South Tampa restaurant’s ‘Warrior Burger’ inspired by new Wonder Woman movie
- Police calling disappearance of Haines City woman ‘suspicious’
- Deputies: Toddler found roaming Ruskin store alone while guardian is passed out in car
- 16-year-old girl accused of hacking Uber driver to death