PASCO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A fight between a Lutz woman and the father of her child ended after she bit off part of his thumb and left a piece of it on the floor for children to see, authorities said.
The Pasco County Sheriff’s Office said Yesenia Casiano, 39, “willfully and intentionally” bit off part of the man’s thumb, removing a piece of it and causing serious bodily injury.
Then she allegedly hit the man several times with open and closed fists and kicked him in the stomach.
The act was witnessed by children living inside of the home, who also observed what is believed to be a piece of the man’s thumb on the floor of their living room.
While the victim was en route to Suncoast Emergency Care for treatment, Casiano fled in a black Ford van with the tag IHMM70 before deputies were able to arrive.
Deputies said Casiano and her boyfriend were living together and had one child in common.
The sheriff’s office said Casiano was arrested for domestic aggravated battery resulting in serious injuries, but the arrest report states her whereabouts are unknown.
WFLA.com will have an update on her status when more information becomes available.
- How to talk to your children about substance abuse and make sure your words are sticking
- Florida Constitutional Carry: House Speaker announces legislation allowing concealed guns without permits
- Former Blackhawk Bobby ‘The Golden Jet’ Hull dies at 84
- Programs work to add more Black male teachers
- Coast Guard looks for man who fell off 70-foot cliff