Thursday is a day of remembrance. It’s Yom Hashoah, a day to remember those who died in the Holocaust.
At the Florida Holocaust Museum in St. Petersburg, a special day-long ceremony was held. The name of every victim of the Holocaust was read.
Members of the community read the names continuously throughout the day.
There were also short memorial services and survivor talks.
Approximately six million Jews died in the Holocaust.
Yom HaShoah dates back to 1951.
- Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Dropped off far from home by bus driver, Tampa girl runs home terrified, crying
- Wanted:The owner of prosthetic ear found in Holmes Beach
- Man caught at JFK smuggling 34 finches in hair curlers
- Binge-watching may lead to increased risk of blood clots, research says