TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — The Courtney Campbell Causeway reopened Tuesday afternoon after being shut down for several hours due to a crash.
Clearwater police closed the westbound lanes of the causeway from Tampa after a crash at the intersection of Dr. Kiran C. Patel Boulevard. The crash involved three vehicles and happened just after 10 a.m.
The causeway completely reopened around 2 p.m.
According to police, one person involved in the crash suffered potentially life-threatening injuries. Officers have not said yet what caused the crash.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- LIVE NOW: SpaceX set to launch Starlink satellites
- Chrissy Teigen’s heartbreaking announcement brings awareness to taboo topic of losing a baby
- Veterans Voices: Navy sailor creates nonprofit to bring joy to active duty service members
- Multiple Tampa Bay residents say they owe thousands after crooks applied for small business loans in their name
- Not ‘I’ but ‘we’: The key to victory for one World War II veteran