HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – Army service member Rafael Sanchez surprised his daughter at Claywell Elementary after being away from home for a year.
Pena’s daughter was attending the school’s Veterans Day assembly with the rest of her classmates. Her father walked out of nearby building after administrators asked for a special guest to help recite the Pledge of Allegiance.
Her family sat with the other veterans and guests and watched the special reunion unfold.
You can watch the remainder of the event in the video player above.
- The New Review: The “World’s Most Versatile” beach-umbrella stand
- NASCAR driver to debut ‘Trump 2020’ race car at Brickyard 400
- 103-year-old says 2020 has been the craziest year she’s seen
- USF president responds to sexual assault allegations within Greek community, launches inquiry
- ‘Kisses For A Cause’ helps Tampa Bay community, small businesses through donations