HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – Army service member Rafael Sanchez surprised his daughter at Claywell Elementary after being away from home for a year.
Pena’s daughter was attending the school’s Veterans Day assembly with the rest of her classmates. Her father walked out of nearby building after administrators asked for a special guest to help recite the Pledge of Allegiance.
Her family sat with the other veterans and guests and watched the special reunion unfold.
You can watch the remainder of the event in the video player above.
- Lottery drawing for dogs seized happening Thursday
- Small Tampa Bay area airports work to prevent fueling mistakes
- Tampa Bay marching band to play at Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade
- NFL teams invited to Colin Kaepernick private workout this weekend
- 53 things you may (or may not) know about the CMA Awards