HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – Army service member Rafael Sanchez surprised his daughter at Claywell Elementary after being away from home for a year.
Pena’s daughter was attending the school’s Veterans Day assembly with the rest of her classmates. Her father walked out of nearby building after administrators asked for a special guest to help recite the Pledge of Allegiance.
Her family sat with the other veterans and guests and watched the special reunion unfold.
You can watch the remainder of the event in the video player above.
- Florida deputy reunited with 5-year-old girl she saved 3 years ago
- Police investigating shooting at Tarpon Springs park
- Proud Boy Alan Swinney faces charges stemming from Portland protests
- Lightning fans pack Riverwalk to catch glimpse of champs, Stanley Cup
- Seagram’s heir sentenced to prison in branded sex slave case