PALMETTO, Fla. – Video captured a huge alligator roaming a Palmetto golf course earlier this month.
The gator is so large it hardly looks real. That’s why golfers noticed the massive creature and stopped what they were doing.
Officials at the Buffalo Creek Golf Course say this gator has been roaming the course for years. They even say he’s good for business since people want to catch a glimpse of the big boy.
One employee says he doesn’t bother anybody and they don’t bother him.
The biggest alligator ever recorded in Florida was 14-feet long, weighing 780 pounds.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- South Florida officers find 2 alligators eating human body
- ‘Habitual traffic offender’ in Pasco jail after running over motorcyclists
- Neighbor trying to save 90-year-old widow’s Sarasota home
- 3 girls killed, toddler thrown from vehicle in Brevard County crash
- Pinellas primate expert says Cincinnati gorilla was trying to protect child before being killed
- Burlesque dancer told she couldn’t board flight because ‘shorts too short’
- Fla. company creates synthetic dog to eliminate use of shelter animals in vet training
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines