POLK COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — A 22-year-old man fled to Polk County after allegedly shooting and killing a man in New York City in September. He was arrested Friday.
Officials said Raymond Jackson was indicted for second-degree murder by the Queens District Attorney’s Office for fatally shooting a man in a dispute over vehicle repairs in September.
According to New York Police Department, Jackson fled to Florida after his mother’s arrest in New York for her alleged participation in the murder.
The US Marshals Service Florida Regional Fugitive Task Force received information that Jackson was at a friend’s house on West Cordova Circle in Lakeland, and they took him into custody without incident.
Jackson was booked in the Polk County Jail where he is being held before transfer to New York.
- 2 shot, killed at Northern California mall on Black Friday
- NBA says Kobe’s delayed Hall induction coming in May 2021
- Florida cold front timeline: Winter-like temperatures coming across Tampa Bay, lows expected to reach 40s
- Florida State has 2nd straight game-day football postponement
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Strong front arrives Monday, feels like winter next week