TAMPA (WFLA) — Two young men were killed in Tampa Saturday morning when one drove the wrong way on Interstate 275 and collided head-on with the other.
The Florida Highway Patrol said a 28-year-old Tampa man was driving north in the southbound lanes of I-275 near the Westshore Plaza when he collided head-on with a 20-year-old Largo man driving the other direction.
The impact caused the 28-year-old’s car to land on the median wall of I-275 and the 20-year-old’s car to be propelled backward.
Both drivers were wearing seat belts at the time of the crash, but neither survived.
FHP no longer identifies crash victims in their traffic reports.
- Tracking the Tropics Week 6: Storm surge, contraflow and the buoy network
- You may get to see a new comet with only the naked eye
- Chicago man charged with first-degree murder in shooting of 7-year-old girl
- Dunkin’ to close 450 stores permanently by end of 2020
- LIVE: Trump, First Lady to discuss reopening schools amid coronavirus