TAMPA, Fla (WFLA) – Saturday marked the 26th Annual Tampa Bay Heart Walk with more than 35,000 people participating this year at Raymond James Stadium.
The Heart Walk raises money for the American Heart Association to continue their mission in research and education.
“In our community, the funds raised through heart walk really enable us to do our work here in the Tampa Bay area and make this a healthier community,” said Executive Director Amanda Palumbo.
This year, the Tampa Bay Heart Walk raised more than $3.5 million dollars for the American Heart Association.
- Lottery drawing for dogs seized happening Thursday
- Small Tampa Bay area airports work to prevent fueling mistakes
- Tampa Bay marching band to play at Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade
- NFL teams invited to Colin Kaepernick private workout this weekend
- 53 things you may (or may not) know about the CMA Awards