Labor Day weekend sales are plentiful, but there are some items that offer more bang for your welI-earned buck. 8 On Your Side analyzed four consumer websites to come up with this list of the best things to shop for, according to the websites’ retail experts.
- Mattresses. There are always sales on them, but the discounts are even better this time of year. For example, Mattress Firm has an offer for a free adjustable base with some purchases, and Sears advertises mattress savings of up to 60 percent off.
- Grills, patio furniture and summer clothing are items that stores want to clear out, but that Floridians can use year round! According to Offers.com, the best deals on these items are at retailers including Sears, Home Depot and Walmart.
- Appliances and cars. Manufacturers release new models of major appliances in September and October, and tend to offer savings on current models.
- The experts are split on televisions. While there are good buys this weekend, the best bargains will come on Black Friday.
- It’s not recommended that you buy fall clothing or Halloween costumes, because you’ll save more in a few weeks.