Tampa worker dies after accidentally touching live power line

Local News

TAMPA (WFLA) — A 45-year-old man was working repairs on a house in Tampa Wednesday when he accidentally touched a live power wire and was electrocuted.

Police said Jose Antonio Blanco was using a hydraulic lift to help him repair a house on East 17th Avenue in Tampa when he accidentally touched a live TECO power wire.

Blanco was electrocuted and died at the scene.

The incident happened at 11:37 a.m.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

April 24 2021 08:00 am

Trending Stories

get the app

News App

Weather App

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss