HILLSBOROUGH CO., Fla. (WFLA) — A 40-year-old Tampa woman crossing US-41 was struck and killed by a driver who then fled the scene, Florida Highway Patrol said.
FHP is looking for a 2003-2009 white Chevy Trailblazer that was traveling south on US-41 when it collided with Chanda Renee Gant.
Gant was walking west across US-41 just south of East 120th Avenue when FHP said she entered the path of the vehicle and was hit.
The victim was transported to the hospital where she died from her injuries.
FHP released a surveillance photograph of the suspect and suspect vehicle Monday morning.
If you have any information regarding this hit-and-run crash, you’re urged to call FHP at 813-558-1800.
- Biden administration announces next steps for student debt relief
- House Republicans advance stopgap bill to avoid government shutdown
- Window to the Weekend: Glazer Children’s Museum is celebrating its 13th birthday
- Jury selection begins for Florida dad accused of locking son in box
- Remains of man missing for 28 years possibly found in Florida during Hurricane Idalia cleanup: sheriff