HILLSBOROUGH CO., Fla. (WFLA) — A 40-year-old Tampa woman crossing US-41 was struck and killed by a driver who then fled the scene, Florida Highway Patrol said.
FHP is looking for a 2003-2009 white Chevy Trailblazer that was traveling south on US-41 when it collided with Chanda Renee Gant.
Gant was walking west across US-41 just south of East 120th Avenue when FHP said she entered the path of the vehicle and was hit.
The victim was transported to the hospital where she died from her injuries.
FHP released a surveillance photograph of the suspect and suspect vehicle Monday morning.
If you have any information regarding this hit-and-run crash, you’re urged to call FHP at 813-558-1800.
- Nuclear testing: ‘Why do we need to start a new arms race?’
- Multi-vehicle crash closes I-275 northbound at Hillsborough Ave.
- Flyers told not to bring, drink own alcohol
- Florida deputies searching for jet skier who shot man on land
- Florida gym owner arrested for third time for violating mask orders after moving equipment outdoors