TAMPA (WFLA) — It snowed on Christmas Eve in Tampa for a 76-year-old veteran battling stage 4 cancer with one last wish.
Albert Septien was brought to tears as he got to live out his life-long dream of once again making a snow angel, as he did as a kid in Connecticut.
Around Thanksgiving, Septien found out his cancer had gotten worse. His cousin, Jose Maestre, asked him what his biggest wish was. Septien told him it was to make a snow angel again.
“To feel the coldness, all of that, it was really good,” Septien said. “I was soaked, even to my underwear but it was great.”
“This may be his last Christmas with us and I wanted to make sure I could fulfill his wish,” Maestre said.
And they did.
- Coronavirus: Tarpon Springs offering $1,000 grants to small businesses
- CarMax to furlough more than 15,000 associates
- Coronavirus: Florida reports nearly 16,000 cases, 323 deaths
- VIDEO: Police seek alleged peeping Tom in Clearwater
- Record 16.6 million have sought US jobless aid since virus