TAMPA (WFLA) — Police arrested a Christmas Eve ‘porch pirate’ Tuesday after multiple reports of stolen packages around Barcelona Street.
Officers arrested Richard James Gohn, 54, after using the department’s helicopter to locate his silver Nissan sedan. After locating Gohn’s car, officers on the ground were able to conduct a traffic stop.
Gohn was found to have multiple stolen packages in his car at the time of the traffic stop, the police department said.
Gohn was arrested and charged with felony theft.
Detectives are working to get the stolen packages back to their owners.
- 39-year-old Florida deputy dies from coronavirus, sheriff urges public to heed distancing orders
- Emergency room doctor sleeping in RV to keep his family healthy
- Toddler killed, 2 children injured in Polk County crash
- San Diego County to issue $1,000 fines to people ignoring COVID-19 restrictions
- How to make a homemade face mask, with or without sewing